There are several important benefits to upgrading your home or commercial business to all light emitting diodes (LED) lighting. LEDs are versatile and flexible, and can be used anywhere from your family room to the local high school. The eight benefits below apply to homes, businesses, industrial complexes and municipalities. Let’s learn more!
1. Increased Efficiency
About 90 percent of the energy used with an incandescent light bulb is given off as heat and only 10 percent is used for actual light. LEDs, on the other hand, use up to 90 percent less energy and emit only about 5 percent of their energy as heat, making them much more energy efficient.
2. Longer Lifespan
LED bulbs last a lot longer than incandescent light bulbs. Standard light bulbs last about a year while LEDs last up to 25 times longer, saving you time and money.
3. Improved Safety
LED light bulbs emitting less heat means they are much cooler to the touch than traditional light bulbs. This means there’s less chance of anyone, including kids and pets, getting burned and less chance of fire.
4. Instant Brightness
LEDs brighten instantly when turned on, whereas incandescent bulbs take longer to fully illuminate. This makes LEDs the best choice for rooms where lights go on and off quickly.
5. Simple Installation
The vast majority of light sockets are compatible with LEDs, making upgrading to LEDs a simple process. Additionally, LEDs come in so many shapes, sizes and options that any commercial use is an easy upgrade as well.
LEDs come in numerous wattages and temperature colors. From warm white with a yellow tinge all the way to the brightness of daylight means you’ll find what your space needs. LEDs come in many different colors as well!
LEDs are functional in extreme cold and heat, and can survive just about any harsh element. They are resistant to shock and vibrations, making them safe and reliable in practically any circumstance.
8. Increased Savings
LEDs will provide you or your business with lots of savings between lower energy bills due to their greater efficiency and on your purchasing bills as LED bulbs rarely need replacing.
With all these benefits, upgrading to all LED lighting at your home or office is the way to go. It’s an easy switch that is better for the environment and your bottom line. Contact one of our licensed electricians if your home, business, industrial complex or municipality would like assistance making the switch to LED lighting.